Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family Drama

My mum has a mental illness. She used to be classified as Bi-Polar. Now the shrinks are leaning more towards Borderline Personality Disorder
All I really know about it is, if mum takes her medication, she's pretty ok. If she doesnt take her medication she flips out and does stupid things. Well she's been feeling her tenuous control over her mental stability slip for a couple of days, but she is being proactive about it, for once.

The immediate family all know she's going through a tough time. The biggest thing at the moment is that today is my grandparents 51st wedding anniversary, and late last year my grandfather died. So my nana is a little depressed at the moment, as you can well understand. I think that the wedding anniversary has also triggered my mum too.

So I had a talk to my mum about whats up at the moment, and reccommended to her that she not dump her problems on nana. She respects that, and has been avoiding lumping all her problems on nana already. I am quite proud that she had the foresight.

So my mum is generally falling off the rails, and I have no idea where my fiance is right now. He went off fishing with some of his family and I dont know where they are, or when theyre getting back. 5:46pm. It's getting pretty dark so I hope they get back soon.

Just like a man to go off fishing and not notify me of E.T.A back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment