Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby-land

So up until recently I was pregnant. That didnt end so well, with me having the baby at 21 weeks gest. and there being no chance of survival for him. We named him Antony.

So we were told to wait 3 months before trying again. we have 22 days to wait now, and the waiting is getting... interesting.
So many people cant understand that my partner and I have intergrated the loss, we have worked through it and everything. They dont seem to be able to get it.
My mum for example. Pretty much all I keep hearing is wait wait wait.

We dont want to wait.

I went to the sexual health clinic the other day, and I heard pretty much the same thing from the nurse I was talking to. Yes, thank you for your opinion, but butt out of my life would you!
My partner and I made a decision to try for a baby. The dream still hasnt been fulfilled. Yes, my firstborn will always be there and I will never forget him, but our want for a baby hasnt been put on hold because of him. He was an experience, a dream and I am thankful that I got to share the time with him, short as it was.

Just because I had a baby and he died, hasnt made my life go on hold. It took me a while to work through it, and work through it I did but when my partner and I talked it over after Antony, we still want to share our lives with a child of our own creation. We still want to have another baby and we dont want to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment