Monday, July 26, 2010

What's in a name?

I'm up late looking at names. The man thing and I made a list of names for the last sproglet and we didnt pick any of them. I've just been putting all the names we do have listed into a spreadsheet along with meanings so it's easier to have a good look and make a choice. I just spent a good hour looking up the meanings. I even looked up whether they are in the top 100 nationally, or top 30 internationally. (Yeah, I'm a geek)

I also found a few new names to add to the list like Alevandra and Jayson. Yeah, I'm into alternative spellings and all that. I'm really not interested in a common name, but neither of us want a really out there kind of name either. I'd prefer a name that can be shortened easily, but I'm not so interested in an already shortened name. So I'd rather go for Nathaniel than just Nathan, or Nate. I'm picky lol.

Anyone have any ideas for names? I currently have about 50 girls names, and about 20 boys names, so I think I need a few more. Please, feel free to suggest something :)


Well today I went kind of mental on vacuuming the house lol. I spent about 20 min just vacuuming the hallway, trying to get all of my hair out of the carpet. I have long hair, and it seems to get EVERYWHERE! Just to let you in on how much hair was in the carpet in the hallway, it is about 1.5 metres by 0.7 metres (we have a very short hallway, and a rather small house). And it took me 20 minutes to get all the hair out of the carpet. Yes, that is bad. I'm going to have to go through the whole house attacking the carpet the same way I was today, with the brushy foot bit on the sucky part of the vacuum cleaner (lol, yeah I dont know what it's called)
The man thing and I moved all the furnishings in the lounge today and I vacuumed where everything was. These things havent been moved, or vacuumed under, in about 6 months, since we moved in here.

Anyway, I'm absolutely knackered. I ache in places I havent ached in a long time. I'm off to bed. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment