Saturday, November 6, 2010

Big tickets

Boy are we lucky. We keep being given things that will really come in handy for the baby like a cot, a high chair, a dresser...

The dresser and a recliner rocker chair are the latest items to join our lovely haphazard collection of furniture. I'm very happy that we have them since the new dresser now gives me a place to put all of the baby clothes that I'm accumulating as well as being able to set up a change area on the top of the dresser. No need for one of those fancy fandangled ones that you see now in the baby shops *wink*

Yesterday, the man thing and I (well mostly the man thing, I watched) rearranged the babys room and our bedroom to make our new acquisitions fit.

The new dresser was my grandmothers and it's one of those old style ones with the mirrors on the top, so I didn't think it was suitable for a babies room, thus it's now in my room with my clothes in it *wink* and I'm loving it. Sure, I had to whittle down the amount of clothes that I have in the drawers (good thing the man had an empty drawer in HIS dresser) but I have way too many clothes anyway lol, I wont miss them. My old dresser is now in babies room waiting to be filled.

The recliner rocker I'm going to most probably use as a breastfeeding chair since it's so comfortable.

Now the only big ticket item we have left to acquire (well hopefully the pram/stroller I have available for my use is suitable) is a carseat. I'm still exploring my options there but I'm definitely looking at what is available to see if any of it is what we want. We may possibly be hiring a capsule but at this point I'm not entirely sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment