Friday, March 2, 2012

Backseat birth

This is a lovely story about an unexpected birth in the backseat of a car. Back Seat Birth  and so quick!

What shits me about this article is the language used. Take this for example:
''I was in the front seat and I had to get into the back seat. The most important thing was that my back was flat.''
What the heck? Who on earth told her that your back has to be flat during birth? Actually It makes things harder since you're technically pushing that baby uphill to get it out of the pelvis!

" I knew that Ryan could see the head and he told me to push. Once I did that it was all over with pretty quickly."
It's pretty clear that this was an unassisted birth since it was in the back of a car so WHY did she need to be told when to push? I know I didn't need telling when to push, in fact they tried getting me to NOT push because I had a lip of cervix left. It's kind of obvious that the woman in this story didn't have that. 

Why oh why are these attitudes so prevalent? She birthed her baby, her husband didn't deliver it.

At least there's nothing in the article about shoelaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment